Best coffee maker with grinder
In this article, we will talk about the best coffee makers that have grinders incorporated. Because having a coffee machine that makes coffee straight from beans makes the brewing process a lot easier and more convenient.
The coffee machines we included in our top are recommended by coffee enthusiasts but also industry experts so you know that, no matter which one you choose, you get the best experience and a flavorful cup of coffee to enjoy.
Let’s start with a buying guide then analyze the top coffee makers together, shall we?
Why Is Fresh Grind Important?
If you’re an avid coffee drinker, you know you can’t get the quality you want without freshly ground coffee. The biggest convenience of using a coffee maker with grinder is that you don’t have to grind coffee beans first and then brew your coffee. You get to use whole coffee beans and the machine takes care of everything.
After ground, coffee beans lose flavor really fast and, with time, you will notice that the brew becomes bland. This is why ground coffee is always packed as airtight as possible. So the fact that these machines use the coffee grounds immediately guarantees freshness in every cup.
In addition, when you buy an appliance that includes a very good grinder, the oils that make the coffee blend unique are evenly released. This allows you to get a better-tasting cup of coffee.
What To Consider When You Buy A Coffee Maker With A Built-In Grinder
The very best coffee maker for you is not necessarily the best one for someone else. This is why you need to carefully analyze all the features of the machine before you make your final choice.
Here are some important factors you need to consider before making a purchase:
Most coffee makers with grinder are costly. This is normal since the appliance has both coffee making capabilities and grinding capabilities. Due to this, you expect to pay more. However, you should not pay for features that are not important for you.
Based on your budget, look for a coffee maker that has all the settings you need to brew coffee just like you prefer it. For instance, if you want to adjust the coffee strength, a machine that only allows you to control temperature is not necessarily the best option.
It is important to check the list of features for every machine you consider buying. Some features can be very useful even though you didn’t consider them in the first place. For example, the possibility to program the machine to automatically brew coffee at a specific time of the day can be very useful but not all coffee makers have this feature.
Buying a convenient coffee maker is not a great investment if the machine is not durable. Always check the materials used by the manufacturer to be sure the machine is sturdy and durable. As a general rule, stainless steel is better than plastic. Avoid the coffee makers that are built with questionable materials or are known to break down often. Also, as an extra tip to remember, double-check the length of the cord. The cord should reach the power outlet with ease.
Check the warranty offered by the manufacturer to be sure your machine gets replaced if you experience any quality-related issues.
Last but not least, let’s talk about design. While the appearance of the coffee maker won’t influence coffee taste or flavor, the design is an important element to consider when buying a new coffee maker. These days, many people favor a fresh and modern design but that’s not the case with every buyer. Fortunately, there are numerous available designs on the market at the moment. Some brands offer different color ranges for the same machine. Considering all the available options, you can surely find a coffee maker that matches your kitchen decor.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buying A Coffee Maker With Grinder
Before you buy a bean to cup coffee maker, you need to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of such an appliance.
Main Advantages To Consider:
Coffee makers that have grinders are compact and save room on your kitchen counter. Every single inch of the machine is optimized and you do not have to use 2 machines when you make coffee. While a machine that has the a built-in grinder is larger than one without one, the combination is much more ergonomic and definitely takes less space.
If you want to grind your own coffee, you have to choose a very good grinder. With a blade grinder, you cannot obtain the best grind. Burr grinders are better but most of them are manually operated and require some elbow grease. Having a machine with a built-in grinding system is definitely more convenient.
While the price of a coffee machine with a built-in grinder is higher than the price of a regular coffee machine, you still pay less than you would if you buy a coffee machine and a grinder separately.
You always need a consistent grind when you want a delicious cup of coffee. Unfortunately, it is tricky to find the perfect grind for your coffee machine. However, if you invest in a machine with a grinder, this becomes a non-issue since the grinder system is fully compatible with the brewing system. Therefore, the machine can consistently produce a tasty cup.
Main Disadvantages To Consider:
The Grinder Can Break
One of the biggest worries with these appliances is that if and when the grinder breaks, it is a hassle to solve the problem. The grinder can be replaced but it takes a while to find a compatible one. This is why it is better to buy a coffee maker that does not fully rely on the grinder and that can accommodate pre-ground coffee.
The design is ergonomic and it takes a lot less space than two separate units would but we have to highlight that the appliance is larger than a coffee maker that does not have a grinder. You can easily expect at least one extra inch in width.
Best Bean To Cup Coffee Machines
Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind-and-Brew Thermal 10-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
The deluxe 10-cup model of the Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind-and-Brew Thermal Automatic Coffeemaker gives you access to top coffee making technology so you enjoy a cup of full flavor coffee whenever you want to. Just as the name implies, the coffee maker comes with a thermal carafe so you can enjoy your drink for longer. Also, the design of the coffee maker is modern so it fits in most kitchens.
The DGB-650BC is fully programmable so you can get your wake-up coffee fix as soon as you get out of bed. The brew-pause function allows you to easily sneak a cup without having to wait for the whole carafe to be filled. Grinding assembly is separate from the filter chamber. This makes it really easy to add beans and remove the used grinds. You can even activate a feature that detects pre-ground coffee. When this feature is active, the grinder does not start.
If you decide to brew smaller amounts of coffee, you can do this with the 1- to 4- cup setting. The convenience is even higher as the control panel is large and the double-wall thermal carafe includes a stay-cool handle to avoid any accidental burns.
- 10-cup automatic coffee maker with full control over how much coffee you make.
- Automatic bean grinder that can be deactivated when using ground coffee with the press of a button.
- Fully programmable – includes features like Brew Pause, Auto Shut Off, 1- to 4-Cup settings.
- Thermal double-wall stainless steel carafe to keep coffee hot (completely BPA free).
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 12 x 17.5 inches, with a weight of 6.17 lbs.
- Product includes permanent gold-tone filter, charcoal water filter, measuring scoop and operations manual
- Very sleek, modern design
- Quick operations
- Fully programmable, with numerous useful features
- Double filters
- Thermal carafe
- Multiple moving parts exist and they can wear out in time
- The design of the carafe lid can lead to warping due to moisture and heat being vented up from the brewing basket
Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker
Every single roast grinds differently. You need a different grinding approach for the best cup of coffee. The Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control Coffee Maker is the perfect coffee maker with a grinder if you need complete control because it allows you to customize the coffee volume and grind size. This versatility of the machine makes it very easy to brew the perfect cup. The burr grinder is made out of stainless steel. Stainless steel burr grinders are durable and they last for a long time so you don’t have to worry they will break while grinding your beans.
This coffee maker has 8 strength settings you can choose from, which makes it versatile and perfect for people who want to adjust coffee strength throughout the day. Furthermore, you can set the device to not grind if you want to use pre-ground coffee. The bean hopper capacity is half a pound and includes a locking system so you can easily remove it, store it somewhere else or just take it to the faucet when you want to clean it.
You can use the BDC650BSS to brew up to a full 12-cup carafe. However, it is possible to brew just a single cup if this is what you want. The drip tray is removable so you can fit travel mugs and taller cups. Real-time feedback about various aspects of brewing is offered through an LCD screen. This includes details about grind settings (grind size and grinding time), water level, strength selection, and brewing time.
- 8 Strength Settings – Guarantees you get the exact strength that you love in your coffee.
- Brewing capacity ranges from one cup to a full 12-cup carafe.
- Dimensions: 9 x 14 x 16 ½ inches, with a weight of 16 lbs.
- Removable drip tray capable of offering a clearance of 7.5 inches.
- LCD screen to easily control different brewing aspects.
- Programmable Auto Start – grinding automatically starts and coffee is brewed at the time you select.
- Pre Brew Temperature Control – guarantees ideal water temperature is always delivered.
- Water tank capacity – 60 ounces.
- Numerous calibration settings so precise grind is always reality, no matter what roast is used.
- Very easy to clean because of the removable parts.
- The single cup setting allows coffee steeping so you get maximum extraction.
- Does not work with demineralized water like reverse osmosis or distilled water.
- Thermal insulation is not as good as with other coffee makers with grinders.
KRUPS KM785D50 Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker with Built-in Burr Coffee Grinder
The first thing you notice with the KRUPS KM785D50 Grind and Brew is that it is cheaper than other coffee makers with grinders. This does not mean the machine is bad; it is just more affordable and offers different features that are best for those who have a limited budget.
The grinding selector allows you to choose between 2 and 10 cups so you can customize how much freshly-brewed coffee will be used. Then, the conical burr grinder allows you to choose out of 5 settings, ranging between coarse and fine.
The coffee maker has an LCD display that gives you access to all the settings you want to adjust. The control panel is really clear and intuitive – besides the settings we already talked about, you can also choose out of 3 coffee strength settings: mild, medium, and strong. After you finish brewing, you can activate the Keep-Warm feature, which keeps the glass carafe hot for 2 hours, guaranteeing the appropriate temperature during this timeframe. When you are in a hurry and you want a cup fast, just use the Pause & Serve Feature.
- 10 cup coffee maker with a conical burr grinder.
- 2 to 10 grinder setting, with 5 grind settings and 3 flavor options.
- Auto Start – Start the brewing cycle automatically whenever you want it, like early in the morning or while you take a shower.
- Keep Warm – The glass carafe maintains coffee hot for up to 2 hours after brewing is over.
- User-Friendly Design – The LCD screen is crystal-clear and controls are intuitive. You can easily figure out what every single feature does.
- Dimensions: 13.8 x 11.6 x 17.5 inches, with a weight of 12.24 lbs.
- Included user manual.
- Very affordable
- Numerous grinding and extra settings for the price
- Smaller glass carafe
- Figuring out the perfect water to grind ratio takes some trial and error due to the design that forces you to look through the whole of the chamber to see how much water is present
Cuisinart DGB-800 Burr Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
Cuisinart is highly-respected in the industry when it comes to making freshly ground, delicious and freshly brewed coffee. With the DGB-800, the experience is a delight. This Grind & Brew coffeemaker can brew up to 12 cups at once and has an included innovative grind assembly. It is known as DirectFlow and allows the seamless movement of coffee through professional-style burr grinders.
You will surely want to take advantage of the Auto Rinse feature since it guarantees that all coffee grounds will enter the basket. This makes clean-up much easier since you do not have to worry about coffee beans reaching other areas than where they should be. The grind settings allow you to grind only as much as you want thanks to a grind control you can program for sizes between 4 and 12 cups.
When you want to control the coffee strength, there are 3 flavor strength choices available. You can use a large display to see exactly what customized selections were made.
Overall, this automatic coffee maker offers great innovative technology and a very easy way to make coffee from beans.
- Professional-style burr grinder that offers a uniform consistency for perfect grinding every single time you use the machine.
- DirectFlow Grind Assembly – Allows a seamless dispense of the ground coffee right into the basket.
- Grind Control – Can be programmed between 4 and 12 cups. This guarantees only a fresh coffee grind is used for brewing.
- Dimensions: 10.9 x 14.4 x 20 inches, with a weight of 15.8 ounces.
- Flavor Strength Control – You can choose out of regular, bold and extra-bold.
- Gold-tone commercial permanent filter – You no longer need to use paper filters.
- Grind-Off – Allows you to use your preferred pre-ground coffee as opposed to coffee beans.
- Very effective conical burr grinder
- Permanent gold-tone filter
- Very easy to clean
- The grinder is loud and goes on for half a minute for a full carafe.
- Many removable pieces so you have to be careful when you handle them.
Black+Decker CM5000R 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffee Maker
The Black+Decker CM5000R 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffee Maker is available in red and black and instantly stands out because of the very low price. If this might put you off because you think this is not a good machine, think again. At the moment, this automatic coffee maker offers one of the best price-to-value ratios on the market. Take a look at the features to see for yourself.
With the use of the QuickTouch Programming panel, you control time settings, brew-strength, and you can activate the auto brew feature, among other interesting settings.
This unit features a bronze-tone permanent filter so no paper filters are necessary. The filer is attached to the grinder that is integrated in the machine. Both of these and the brew basket can be removed so they are easy to clean.The carafe can hold a maximum of 12 cups of coffee.
With this coffee maker, you do not have to worry about being groggy in the morning as you can program the unit to have coffee ready for you when you wake up. All buttons are clearly marked so you do not mix up any function. In addition, the display is backlit and highlights the chosen program and time.
- Integrated Grinder and Brew Filter – The design combines the two so cleanup is easier.
- Streamlined Grinding and Brewing – It is very easy to grind beans thanks to the unique all-in-one design. Alternatively, you can use ground coffee.
- Custom Brewing – The brew strength selector can be used to brew coffee based on your personal taste. You can choose out of regular, bold, and strong.
- Dimensions: 10 x 13 x 16 inches, with a weight of 9.5 lbs.
- QuickTouch Programming – Very easy to program to automatically grind and brew at the desired time, which can be chosen in the following 24 hours.
- One of the most affordable automatic coffee makers with a grinder
- More features than you would expect for the price
- Stylish design
- The size of the carafe is not standard so if you break it, a replacement will be difficult
Best High-End Bean To Cup Coffee Machine
A special mention is needed with this unit because it is the best coffee maker with grinder on the market. It is high-end so it works even for commercial use. So you would definitely love to have this premium model at home.
De’Longhi ESAM330 Super Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
The De’Longhi ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine offers access to countless interesting features that coffee enthusiasts simply love. This coffee maker can do more than most espresso machines on the market. Plus, you can be sure that you get a tasty espresso from freshly ground beans with every single cup you brew thanks to the built-in grinder. The professional burr grinder included has 13 adjustable settings. It is capable of grinding beans at different settings so it ensures the perfect grind size for espresso but also other coffee drinks. But, if you want to use pre-ground coffee, there is a second chamber where you can add it.
Every cup will be brewed at the appropriate temperature to guarantee a suitable density and richness. Many settings can be customized to make coffee exactly as you like it. When it is time to clean the machine, just take out the brew unit and wash it in the sink. This part is very easy to clean and can self-adjust to brew 1 or 2 shots of tasty espresso.
Another advantage of this coffee machine is that it includes a frother (patented “Cappuccino System”) so you can mix milk and steam to get a creamy, rich froth. This allows you to enjoy a very tasty cappuccino or you can use it for other drinks that require an espresso base and milk.
All control settings are easy to understand and the coffee maker is easy-to-use thanks to the intuitive control panel that lets you adjust the temperature, cup size, and coffee strength.
- Patented “Cappuccino System” frother to create a very creamy and rich froth.
- The control panel features push and rotary buttons and is very easy to use, with different programmable settings.
- The bean hopper has a capacity of 8.8 ounces. The grounds container is 14 cups.
- Direct-to-Brew system – guarantees instant bean grinding and the use of freshly ground beans
- Guaranteed lower cleaning time than other brands.
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 11 x 14.4 inches, with a weight of 23.1 lbs.
- The coffee maker is capable of doing a lot and has numerous features
- The control panel is very easy-to-use
- The bean hopper is large
- Coffee grinding is very quiet
- Includes too many features for the average home user